Just finished sewing this little beauty today. I remember having a favorite shirt or two when I was 8 that my mom had made for me. Imagine my delight when I found the very pattern in Mom's sewing box a few months ago! She let me take the pattern, and here it is--real retro in all its glory. It's so fun to see my own daughter wear something I made from the same pattern my mom used for me when I was little. Mom had traced the pattern from somewhere, so there were no instructions at all--just the pattern pieces traced in pencil and a few hand-written markings. I think I'll be making another one soon!
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Just finished sewing this little beauty today. I remember having a favorite shirt or two when I was 8 that my mom had made for me. Imagine my delight when I found the very pattern in Mom's sewing box a few months ago! She let me take the pattern, and here it is--real retro in all its glory. It's so fun to see my own daughter wear something I made from the same pattern my mom used for me when I was little. Mom had traced the pattern from somewhere, so there were no instructions at all--just the pattern pieces traced in pencil and a few hand-written markings. I think I'll be making another one soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Melinda, you've fallen off the bandwagon.
ReplyDelete